DOMVS launches Long Ash farm, a tranquil, rural estate that blends old-world charm with modern comforts
Long Ash Farm, an exceptional estate nestled in a serene rural setting, is now for sale with no forward chain. It comprises a stunning period farmhouse with a new thatched roof, expansive grounds spanning over two acres, and an option to purchase additional acreage by separate negotiation (see Lots A, B, C, and D). The estate also includes the option to purchase Featherstone Cottage and the Old Stables, providing a unique opportunity to enjoy significant rental income or to convert back into an exceptional single home (subject to the usual consents).
Stuart Bramley, Head of Sales for DOMVS estate agents in Blandford says ‘Upon entering the farmhouse through the traditional wooden door, visitors are greeted with a sense of warmth and comfort. The interior harmoniously balances old-world charm with modern conveniences. Exposed timber beams, flagstone floors, and period features throughout the property evoke a sense of history, while large leaded windows usher in soft, natural light, offering breathtaking rural views. Underfloor heating on the ground floor ensures year-round comfort.’
Key Features of the Farmhouse include:
- Principal Sitting Room: A haven of relaxation with wooden floors, a large fireplace, and dual-aspect views of the garden and fields beyond, complete with an inset wood burner
- Secondary Reception Room: Situated to the rear, this room features wooden floors, a capped fireplace, and integrated cupboards
- Formal Dining Room: Flooded with natural light and adjacent to the kitchen, this room boasts far-reaching rural views and an inset wood burner with a characterful timber mantle
- Farmhouse Kitchen: Equipped with a solid wood countertop, ample storage, a stainless-steel sink, large cooker with hob, and space for white goods. Also enjoys light and rural views
- Utility/Boot Room: Offers additional worktops, a Belfast sink, space and plumbing for white goods, and access to the garden and a cloakroom with W.C. and wash hand basin
- Five Bedrooms: All generously sized with unique charm, oak beams, and rural views, with the principal bedroom providing a peaceful retreat with wooden floors, inset bookshelves, and an en-suite bathroom
The owners of the estate say ‘We’ll miss the stunning grounds, which are bursting with colourful flowers, shrubs, mature trees and uninterrupted views of the surrounding fields. The land stretches in all directions, creating a sense of space and freedom.’
Long Ash Farm is located close to the village of Milton Abbas, renowned for its thatched cottages, close-knit community, public house and quintessential church. Founded in the 1780s by Lord Milton, the village of Milton Abbas holds the distinction of being England’s first model village, designed by Sir William Chambers and Capability Brown.
For more information, we recommend speaking to Stuart Bramley directly for clarity on the different purchase options available. Call 01258 442 500.
Stuart Bramley, Head of Sales, Blandford, DOMVS
T.01258 442 500
DOMVS is an award-winning estate agency with offices providing sales, lettings and land advisory services across the entire Dorset county. With a reputation built on trust, integrity and knowledge, DOMVS has been exceeding its clients’ expectations since 2005. DOMVS has won multiple awards and boasts an almost 100% score on Google, Facebook and Trustpilot.