Get in Touch
- Think about when you would like to move. We recommend starting your search 6-8 weeks before your ideal move in date.
- Whether your ideal home is a contemporary seaside apartment, a country estate or a small family residence, we can help.
- If you are moving into the area, why not contact our relocation team who will be more than happy to share their local know how and help you narrow down your search.
- Write yourself a ‘must have’’’ list and have a serious think about the things that you would be prepared to compromise on.
- What is your budget? Be sure to allow for bills, insurance and travel costs in your plan. How much would you be prepared to pay for the right property?
Drawing up a Shortlist
- We welcome you to browse our extensive collection of rental properties currently on the market.
- We will introduce you to the properties that best match your requirements and invite you to arrange a time to have a look around.
- Once we have your shortlist, we will accompany you on the viewings and answer any questions you may have.
- Consider whether the utility bills for this property are likely to be different to where you are currently living. Do your sums.
- The Lettings market moves quickly, so when you find ‘the one’ don’t delay, put in your application straight away.
Your Application is Accepted
- Congratulations! You’re almost there.
- Once you have found a suitable property through DOMVS, a Holding Deposit equivalent to one weeks rent will be payable to reserve the property. This fee will be withheld if any tenant or Guarantor withdraws from the tenancy, fails the right-to-rent check, provides false or misleading information or, fail to sign the tenancy agreement or deed of guarantee within 15 calendar days or any other deadline for agreement as mutually agreed in writing.
- The granting of a tenancy will be subject to approved references which may be collated by a third-party Referencing Company. Some cases, a guarantor may be required. Full financial references will be required for the guarantor and a Deed of Guarantee will also need to be signed.
- All tenants and guarantors must provide proof of (photographic) identification and proof of residency.
- All tenants must have a Right to Rent check carried out. To enable us to carry out this check we need to see you in person and the following documents will need to be produced, your Passport together with any residency permit (if applicable). Should you not have a passport, please contact us to discuss which other documents may be suitable. The tenancy cannot commence unless this check has been carried out.
Collecting the Keys
and Move-In Day
- Once your payment has been received and the tenancy agreement has been signed, your keys will be available for you.
- You will be given a copy of your inventory at your check-in. Please read this carefully and confirm that you agree with the document. If you have any queries or comments, please raise these with us as soon as possible.
- You will need to inform all utility providers that you are the new Tenant at the property and change all accounts to your name as soon as possible.
- Now its time to celebrate and start unpacking the mountain of boxes and enjoy your welcome gift from DOMVS! Welcome to your new home.
During My Tenancy
- Who to Contact
Property managed by DOMVS:
Dripping tap? Temperamental shower? Feel free to contact your property manager at DOMVS at any point during your tenancy. We are on hand to answer any questions or queries and to instruct professional contractors if required.
If your property is managed by your Landlord:
Make sure you get in touch with them shortly after you’ve moved in to introduce yourself. If, at any point, you have any maintenance issues, you can contact your Landlord directly and they will be on hand to assist you.
Register as an applicant
If you would like us to help you search for a Dorset property, please complete your details below: