The Hills are Alive…
…in the Shaftesbury Property Market
Did you know, in the past 12 months, over £100m worth of property has sold in the SP7 area?* This suggests, in the rolling hills of Shaftesbury, the market is very active.
That said, there is nervousness and indecisiveness, so if you’re considering selling your property, you’ll need the support of a patient, determined and experienced estate agent – like DOMVS.
Similarly to the multi-Oscar-winning film, DOMVS is also a multi-award-winning estate agency with consistent 5* ratings on sites such as Google and Trustpilot. When you choose us you’ll receive greater access to buyers through our extensive network; a higher chance of completing a sale via our conveyancing team; and most importantly, an increased return, as we’ll do everything possible to maximise the market.
You’ll be looked after by Louise McTighe, with a charm, resourcefulness and unyielding nature that would make the Von Trapps proud. She is also working on her singing voice.
Here are some more statistics about the Shaftesbury property market:
- Over the last 12 months the average sales price in Shaftesbury (SP7) was £359,512. The total value of sales was £101,607,536.
- 11% of sales in the past 12 months were flats, achieving an average sales price of £188,266. Houses achieved an average price of £388,766.
- The highest value recorded by the Land Registry over the past 12 months was £575,000 for a flat and £2,600,000 for a house.
- 69.9% of residents within Shaftesbury (SP7) own their own homes while 17.7% live in privately rented accommodation.
- In 2021 there were 6,739 dwellings within Shaftesbury (SP7). 11.4% of properties are flats while houses make up 88.7% of housing stock.
- In the last five years, there have been 368 new homes built across Shaftesbury (SP7), an average of 74 per year.
- There are 1.3 residents per hectare, which is a lower population density than across the region as a whole. In 2021, 15,754 people were living within Shaftesbury (SP7 all). The overall population increased by 12.6% in the ten years between 2011 and 2021.
- The most predominant industry of employment is Public admin, education & health which comprises 28% of the working-age population.
For an instant, up-to-date market appraisal of your property, get a valuation here.