Pedal Through Summer with EBIKE, Weymouth with the help of the government-backed Cycle Scheme
With this summer comes the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors in a new way. The EBIKE Cafe on Custom House Quay in Weymouth, known for being the town’s hippest cafe and eBike sales and experience centre, is making it easier than ever to get outside and soak up the summer sun. With the support of the government-backed Cycle Scheme, the EBIKE Cafe is the perfect place to start your summer adventures.
The Cycle Scheme is a government initiative allowing employees to purchase an eBike or bicycle and accessories through salary sacrifice, reducing the cost of the purchase. The scheme is designed to encourage more people to cycle to work, reducing traffic congestion and improving overall health and well-being.
Under the scheme, an employee chooses an eBike/bike and accessories, which are then ordered and paid for by the employer. The employee then pays for it through a salary sacrifice arrangement, where the cost is deducted from their gross salary, reducing the overall cost of the purchase. This means the employee saves money on the cost and also benefits from the savings on National Insurance contributions.
The scheme is open to all UK employees, and there are no restrictions on the type of bike that can be purchased. This makes it an ideal option for those considering purchasing an eBike from the EBIKE Cafe.
With the added assistance of an electric motor, eBikes make cycling to work even more accessible and enjoyable, especially for those who live in hilly areas or have longer commutes. Overall, the Cycle Scheme is a fantastic opportunity for employees to purchase an eBike and accessories at a reduced cost while also promoting the benefits of cycling.
You can find a helpful calculator on the EBIKE Cafe’s website by following this link ebikecafe.co.uk Here, you will be able to see how much money you can save. The Cycle Scheme can be used in conjunction with other offers available at the EBIKE Cafe.
Why purchase an eBike?
- Easier pedalling: eBikes have electric motors that provide assistance when pedalling, making it easier to ride up hills and in headwinds
- Longer range: eBikes can travel further distances than traditional bicycles, thanks to their rechargeable batteries
- Convenience: eBikes offer more convenience than traditional bicycles, as they don’t require as much physical exertion and can be used for longer trips
- Speed: eBikes can travel at higher speeds than traditional bicycles, allowing for quicker commutes
- Comfort: eBikes often feature more comfortable seats and upright handlebars, reducing fatigue and discomfort during long rides
- Environmentally friendly: eBikes produce zero emissions and are a more environmentally friendly mode of transportation than cars or motorcycles
EBIKE CAFE @ Deheers is open seven days a week, from 9am to 4pm, on the ground floor of Deheers, 9A Custom House Quay, Weymouth, DT4 8BG.
Find out more at ebikecafe.co.uk